Keep Breakouts Away Post-Workout
Published on June 8, 2018 by David Harvey
Next time you plan to work out, keep these tips in mind to help keep your skin breakout free post-workout:
- Skip the Makeup – Cleanse your face before hitting the gym and apply moisturizer. Save the makeup until after you shower, so the ingredients don’t clog your pores.
- Don’t Touch Your Face – The gym and exercise equipment can be full of germs and bacteria. Touching equipment and then your face is not a good plan. Bring a towel to help fight the need to touch your face with your hands.
- Cleanse Your Skin Post-Workout. Washing away any sweat and bacteria off your skin post workout is a great plan to help keep your skin breakout free. Do it as soon as possible. Even if you don’t shower at the gym, you can run by the bathroom and wash your face.
- Exercise in a cooler environment. Try walking or jogging in the cooler part of the day, swimming or join an air-conditioned gym.
- Carefully Choose Moisturizer – Common moisturizing products may contain fragrances, and other ingredients that can irritate skin, increasing risk of breakouts. We can suggest the best moisturizer for your skin type. Stop by to learn more about the products we carry that can help keep your skin looking and feeling great.
If you have skin concerns, call 770-400-8400 or use our online form.