Do You Have Back Acne?
Do you have acne on your back?
Dr. Harvey recently teamed up with Piedmont Healthcare to provide some tips for dealing with back acne.
Just like on the face, back acne can appear anytime, but during the summer months, we tend to see a lot more patients with this issue for several reasons.
1. It’s hot and backs tend to sweat more.
2. Summer clothing and swimwear often makes patients’ with back acne more self-conscious.
What’s Causing My Back Acne?
Acne on the back is similar to acne on the face. Dirt and bacterial often become trapped in pores. The most common types of back acne include whiteheads, blackheads and cysts.
Taking Steps Toward Clearer Skin:
- Try to wear breathable fabrics like a cotton
- Shower immediately after excessive sweating. If you are unable to shower right away, consider using cleansing wipes.
- Try using detergents that don’t have dyes or perfumes
- Be sure body wash for the back is oil and fragrance free
- Visit the Dermatology Institute, so we can customize a treatment plan that’s right for you. Treating back acne is similar to treating acne on the face. Everyone’s skin is different and by looking at your skin and asking questions, we can create a plan that’s right for you. These treatment options may include special body washes, oral medication, creams or sprays.
Contact us to schedule an appointment for back acne.